so here’s a funny thing. i heard the word listicle thrown about online, and i understood what it referred to but also i was legitimately very confused. because it reminded me of icicle and i couldn’t for my life draw the connection between online articles and lists and icicles. and then i realized, days later, it’s a combination of list and article.
here’s one that’s more list than article.
- when you wait out the very crowded train, and a very uncrowded train follows
- when unexpectedly, there is a mid summer cool spell and you can leave the windows open to a glorious breeze as the sun sets
- when the fog clears
- when the nice girl at the salad place continuously discounts your lunchtime salad to the tune of $5
- when friends introduce you to new music
- when you finish up another awesome course with Molly over at Stratejoy.
- when your mom renews your Julep subscription.
- when you have a Very Hard Night and there is someone to stroke your face and breathe deeply with you to lull you to sleep
- when your birthday is around the corner and for the first time in years, you are excited to have an actual party.
it was a hard August. September brings my 28th birthday and leaves and the cool and a sense of fresh beginnings. i, for one, am excited.
2 thoughts on “a listicle.”
I am truly happy for all of these joys heading your way. I know that August took no prisoners there but it is behind us now dusting its hands off fully proud of having taught us all a few hot sticky lessons.
Happy birthday this weekend, lovely. I am glad I know you. (And also ashamed to say that when I hear “listicle” I think “testicle” EVERY TIME.
i’m excited for you. 🙂 i love fall, it’s my favorite time of year. there’s that line from a mumford & sons song: “i’ll know my name when it’s cold again…” <3