a while back i started doing a linky list called friday favorites. i did it once. here’s to a resurrection!
some of my favorite things i’ve seen online in the past week(ish):
- me as a stone: kim’s piece on why she’s keeping up her blog, how she’s owning her space in the stream, and what her goals are with writing online struck a huge chord with me. i’m fairly positive they will with you as well.
- xosarah’s new ebook: as i’ve ramped up my freelance game, i’ve started reading xosarah (formerly known as sillygrrl). i bought her brand new ebook this week on doubling your blog traffic and really enjoyed it – it’s part of what sparked me to get a little more serious about this space and put some interesting thoughts into my brain about merging all of my (*cringe*) “brands”.
- what’s real, from sarah rosemary: i love sarah’s blog, specifically how honest she is about life and motherhood and marriage (even though the latter two categories don’t apply at all to me). it’s exactly what i believe online writing should be about. she’s got a pretty awesome focus this year on being real, and i adore it.
- ask polly, from the awl: this particular edition of this advice column deals with a girlfriend being obsessed with the blog of her boyfriend’s ex and it’s pretty hysterical. i mean, not that any of us know anything about internet obsession…
- how to run a weekly social health check, from simply measured: this speaks more to my professional life – it’s a great account of social analytics you can check on a weekly basis to see how your channels are doing.
tell me what you’ve been digging around ye grande olde internet (i.e., help me make this friday go by a little faster.)